October 13, 2009

A vice is oh so nice.

As I saunter down the road to recovery it is getting hard to keep my head from filling up with ridiculous ideas. Like that I have gained everything back plus at least ten pounds, or that I will never get to run again. A little drama is what got me into this in the first place. I have in fact not gained anything back and I will hit the road in the next couple of weeks with my running shoes.

Another interesting part of playing in the recovery field, my diet seems to be justifying a little bit more then before. Case in point my best friend turned frenemy: coffee. We used to be so close, the mornings were all about us. Now the coffee beans sit on the other counter and although I can daydream I am not to venture to that side of the kitchen. Then a peculiar thing happened, I ordered a latte. And it was like heaven. Heaven in a cup. It was not even the best cup of coffee, but that is not the point. It had that aroma that sparked so many happy memories and as I carried my unoriginal cup of coffee around I felt a little bit more like me.

This is one vice I am not so sure I want excommunicated from my life. I am going to find a small place for it not in the everyday but every once in awhile. It could be a worse vice, like donuts.

4 comments:

  1. hello. this is the story of my life......oh coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. donuts? You mean LaFeene's donuts? Ah, I didn't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled on your blog and I can completely relate! I am going through a lifestyle overhaul at the moment. I have replaced my morning coffee habit with a freshly squeezed OJ, but I can't wait until I can get to the point where I am able to order a latte as an indulgence every now and then instead of relying on it every single morning.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete