September 7, 2009

Framing Your Body

This title is what originally inspired starting this project, but of course there had to be a lead up to this conclusion that eventually dawned on me: how to frame your body. In the beginning, and for the past few/ten years, I would look in the mirror and with my hand imagine what I would look like with a flat stomach by pressing the excess against my body. Sounds like a highway to body issues but really it was my , "what if" statement for my visual peace of mind. In the beginning of this transformation I would do the same exercise and imagine that this time it could be a reality in six months or so.
I have just entered week 15 and that flat stomach is surely not going to happen! But that's an ok thing because it is just not how I am built beneath it all, that flat stomach doesn't have a place on my frame. After losing about 15 pounds (and gaining 5 pounds in muscle) I saw a few changes staring back at me in the mirror I was not prepared for. My face thinned out, my bra hugged my body a bit differently, there are these little pointing hips started to peak through, and the tire has almost finished deflating around my lower back. And my stomach is stubbornly holding onto a couple inches. I started to see my frame underneath it all.
My frame (I am talking at the core, my skeletal and muscle structure) is not narrow, slender, tall, or petite. My frame is a medium build, wide and high hips, short torso, and muscular legs. Layered upon this may be lean muscle but also elastic skin (weird, I know) which means even if I lose more then a healthy amount of body fat I will still maintain a small buddha belly. No one felt it necessary to tell me that working off 15 pounds would not turn me into Giselle Bundchen. Sounds logical to not think that but when I was working my core to the bone, literally, I felt that was a fair result. Then it finally hit me, I have to be realistic about my frame. My very own personalized one of a kind frame. As soon as I let this idea sink in I stopped having jealousy over other women's bodies and stared gaining appreciation for the frame they are carrying around.
This is what Original Diet is all about: finding comfort at the heart of who you are underneath it all and creating a tailored way to wellness that only you can maintain for yourself.
Much peace and love,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment